Idolomantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
I quit keeping track a couple of molts ago, but they are starting to get pretty big. This one recently molted and seems to be 1-2 molts above all the others. I can't really decide if it's a subadult or subsubadult...anyone want to take a guess?

2705571668_709f1e5aa6_o.jpg

2705564706_560ed732f8_o.jpg

Yep, one of the few species I'm still keeping(and will continue to keep).

Don't worry - eventually, I'm sure you'll get the opportunity to keep a couple of these yourself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
She? And here I am going around calling her a he...I've never been any good at sexing nymphs. <_<

I was leaning towards subsub myself, she seemed too small to only have one molt left.

Thanks!

deffinitely presubadult. how are the rest of yours doing? also the usa idolomantis people have been kind of quiet lately, how is everyone doing over there?

I have six left, and they are doing well. I've now got them in that big cage I built for them and it's working out well so far.

Yes, how IS everyone else doing? :huh: I haven't been reading the forums much lately.

deffinitely presubadult. how are the rest of yours doing? also the usa idolomantis people have been kind of quiet lately, how is everyone doing over there?

Yes, how IS everyone else doing? :huh: I haven't been reading the forums much lately.
even if you had, there hasnt been a peep out of the usa lot in ages (you can see the thread is probably even on page 2 now, or close).

We kept them a couple of years back...but no succesful breeding, we couldn't find a male. <_<
"them's the brokes" :(

but also i mainly meant the ones yen sold a few months back. i think i remember reading that he sold them to around 20 people in the usa? i know probably only a few of those post on the forum, but still it would be interesting to see what became of yens first generation.

Latest posts