Idolotron vs. Invaders from Mars!!! (Video)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Idolomantis diabolica L2 decimates a freshly hatched clutch of stink bug nymphs!

His first meal after molting to L2. Idolos show no mercy... These little green men didn't stand a chance. :surrender:

The best part is at 3:00 when he just starts kicking them. :lol: Hahaha! What a little bass-turd!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Music by Precarious :walkman:

Awesome footage.

They look like their riding a motorcycle when they lean left and right like that haha.

Also that was cool watching him plow through the little stink bugs.

Very cool dude keep up the good work. B)

Dude.....I am impressed yet again Precarious! Love the Idolos, love the vid, love the music. Well done! :clap: :punk:

Dude.....I am impressed yet again Precarious! Love the Idolos, love the vid, love the music. Well done! :clap: :punk:
Thanx. I'm definitely finding my video groove. Still working on getting the lighting right. It helps to have such photogenic subjects.

Actually the Idolos are pretty impossible to manage. They do whatever they feel like doing. I'm lucky if I can coax the little brats into facing the camera! I was just trying to get him to eat a stink bug nymph on camera and he decided he was going to eat the whole box of doughnuts! :taz: Good thing I kept my hand out of his path or I may be missing a few fingers.

Actually the Idolos are pretty impossible to manage. They do whatever they feel like doing. I'm lucky if I can coax the little brats into facing the camera!
Lol I was thinking that. How the heck does he have the patience to actually get that footage. Specially with the snoop dog gongy video man. That's a hit with my family. If you guys knew how hard this is you'd be amazed. He puts some hard work into these productions. Specially making the music so diverse like that. My gongies never so much move like your video lol I don't know how you did it.

Pretty cool stuff dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I was thinking that. How the heck does he have the patience to actually get that footage. Specially with the snoop dog gongy video man. That's a hit with my family. If you guys knew how hard this is you'd be amazed. He puts some hard work into these productions. Specially making the music so diverse like that. My gongies never so much move like your video lol I don't know how you did it.
I'd love to take all that credit, but I can't. In actuality I don't plan much out. The trick is to let the camera run and edit it down to the best parts. I guess that takes a certain mindset. I just let the bugs do what they want to do. The magic is in the editing.

The Snoop Dogg video is made up of some of the first footage I took with my camcorder. I didn't know what I was doing. That's why the violin's heads are out of focus most of the time! I was too close for the camera to focus. And the lighting was really bad. But it was a lot of fun to make and I learned a lot in the process.

I just ordered a decent add-on macro lens that should make future videos ever better! :punk: Woo-hoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the soundtracks are also quality i forgot to comment on that !!! keep the great vids coming :D

WARNING !!! I read that feeding mantis stinkbugs makes there reproductive organs dry up and fall off !!! :blink:

nah just kidding:lol:. another great video, if you ever need a camera grip or a stunt double let me know :D