If you're gunna use a teleportation device, don't test it on deli cups.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pay me 8000 and I'll eat um for you AND I'll even let you keep the empty tub ;-)
I like the tubs for mantids and loved the cheese balls until I got a different brand. Those cheese balls were so horrible that my dog wouldn't even eat them. The ones from Costco are good.

Cool deli up sculpture, I agree that it needs a base.

the one I built is actually really sturdy as base. my mantis this morning was on the other side so apparently she travels =)

I finally got a pic of it all set up. I kept it as simple as possible to make it easy to clean, I also glued in some plastic mesh to give them a better grip for molting.

It's hard to see but there's 35+ ghost nymphs in there

IE120911001.jpg

It's working just how I wanted it to, they have divided pretty evenly into the there sections.

looks awesome dude. Not that ghosts are cannibalistic, but for the cannibalistic species I Feel like this contraption might reduce that since everyone spaces out and they have their own compartments for smaller groups. instead of a bunch of them in one cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got a pic of it all set up. I kept it as simple as possible to make it easy to clean, I also glued in some plastic mesh to give them a better grip for molting.

It's hard to see but there's 35+ ghost nymphs in there

IE120911001.jpg

It's working just how I wanted it to, they have divided pretty evenly into the there sections.
That looks great all they need now is the exercise wheel but seriously I do like it and its a conversation piece

Now someone please do this with 80 oz containers...
I think they be too wide, so you'd end up cutting too much off each cup for it to be worth it. I could see a 32oz cup connecting one 80 with communal mantids and the other has hatching flies.

Or put adult makes in one site and females in the other for a safe breeding environment(the male shouldn't come unless the female is calling and ready).

Latest posts