Ill Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAM78

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had an adult australian giant mantis for the past six months, but about two weeks ago she kept falling and i had to help her back up several times. Now for the past six days she has been laying in the corner of her tank and her abdomen has swollen quite alot. could this be an egg because she has not laid one yet?

Hello,I have had an adult australian giant mantis for the past six months, but about two weeks ago she kept falling and i had to help her back up several times. Now for the past six days she has been laying in the corner of her tank and her abdomen has swollen quite alot. could this be an egg because she has not laid one yet?
Sounds to me like old age is finally catching up... especially if it has been an adult for six months. Not much can be done about that. Just make her comfy during her last days.

Thanks for replying, does it matter that she has never laid an egg? She has not eaten in about a week because she cant hold the food to eat it.

Welcome to the site. Please make an introduction in the introductions forum.

A mantis should not lay in the corner. Most mantids stay perched on something with the lid being the most common place. They sometimes will sit on the floor howevever will sit upright. There really is not much you can do for a sick mantis.