I'm bAck with a new boxer species :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isis

Reaction score
After a fairly long absence from breeding anything I am back :)

I want to show you the pics of a new species in captivity, originated in India.

This is Ephestiasula sp. captured and bred by the german breeders. I have many ooths now and 3 pregnant females so I may be able to sell some ooths in the future :)

I have more pics of adults and larvaes but I cannot show them yet due to my USB connection failure ;/

Anyway, enjoy these for now:

Subadult:

ephestiasula1.jpg

ephestiasula2.jpg

Adult female:

ephe1.jpg

I named them 'purple boxer mantids' as a common name but if you have another idea, PM me :)

They are easy to keep, very jumpy and agile species. Their forelegs are red/purple with 3 white dots with black surroundings. You can see photos here too: http://www.mantodeenforum.info/forum/wbb/i...p;threadID=3082

Well then, welcome back!! I remember you having some very nice species and I enjoyed reading your posts. It looks like you are still keeping some gorgeous mantis. Congratulations on some amazing pictures and for out of this world mantis.

Thanks again

Mikhail

Hi

I think your sp. is pictipes, Isis.

Great species. Have you seen the pictures of the rare green adults? They are so overwhelming.

And it is not only from India, but even from Goa :rolleyes:

:)

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe

And fimbriatus is a gecko and a turtle, and a lot of other things B)

Or try a google picture search for "ornata", that's a lot, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the picture of the green one, it was amazing and I was hoping to get one because she looked more greenish than others after final molt, but she just turned out darker then others :)

Anyways the species is very fun and easy to keep and I am keeping a handful of larvaes for second generation :)

Some more photos, at last I managed to upload pics of L1 larvaes :)

These are about 4mm long and are super cute and ultra fast :)

male_eph.jpg

male_eph2.jpg

And an adult pair, mating:

adult_eph.jpg

I haven't seen you in a lllllloooonnggggg time. I like the way the nymphs look.