I'm done shipping around the holidays

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ismart

Reaction score
What's the point of paying for Express shipping. When the package is not delivered Express? I'm so pissed right now. I just got off the phone with customer service, and they are useless! I know it's a very busy time for them, but this is Fing ridiculous! They charge an arm, and leg. Rant over!!! :mad:

Express shipping is a pretty bad deal in my opinion. In my area, express and priority shipments both take 3 days. When people ship to me express they almost invariably get refunded.

I understand your frustration. If there was a guarantee that they missed, then you can submit form 3533 for a refund. I've used it twice. I've never submitted once when the package has been delayed by an hour or two...only when it was delayed by two days.

The form is really hard to find because the link is broken on their website.

I'm done with shipments so close to the holidays, too. A package I shipped took 4 days priority. The one someone shipped back to me took 5 days and did not have a happy ending. It went to 5 different post offices (4 sorting facilities) and was still in the same state 3 days later.

I guess this is why I have trouble finding the form online. The ones I have been using were dated November 2006.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Revised PS Form 3533, Application for Refund of Fees, Products and Withdrawal of Customer Accounts, Modified With Barcode

Effective March 7, 2009, all Post Offices™, postal retail units, and business mail entry units (BMEUs) are to use the August 2008 edition of PS Form 3533, Application for Refund of Fees, Products and Withdrawal of Customer Accounts. Previous versions of PS Form 3533 dated before August 2008 are obsolete and must be disposed of properly.

The Scanning and Imaging Center (SIC) will only accept and process the August 2008 versions of PS Form 3533 that are properly completed and authorized with signa­tures. All previous versions or incomplete versions with missing signatures of PS Forms 3533 sent to the SIC will not be processed and will be returned to the unit.

The revised PS Form 3533 will no longer be available to the public at www.usps.com. Therefore, Post Offices, postal retail units, and BMEUs are advised to order the hardcopy version of the revised PS Form 3533 to have available for our mailing agents and customers. Hard­copies of PS Form 3533 are available at the Material Distri­bution Center (MDC) (See “Ordering PS Form 3533” below).

PS Form 3533 is revised with a barcoded invoice num­ber making each form unique. Make sure no duplicate copies are made of blank PS Form 3533 for future use. Each PS Form 3533 is unique, and one form is used per customer refund or reimbursement.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you need to ship this time of year I'd suggest FedEx even though its pricier but I just dont risk it. I go to the PO and get a refund when all packages are late, My post master informed me there will be little effort made for them to do better if we dont get refunds and take from the unions bonus's. My friend at USPS says he regularly sees employees sleeping at night under the sorting belts while trucks sit outside not being unloaded.

That sucks!

I was waiting on 2 Express packages that were guaranteed by Friday at 3pm. One showed up a day late. The other is still at the sorting facility it was sent to on Thursday! What good is a guarantee if you can't count on it?

The sender of the package I did receive is telling me there are no refunds if the label was printed from the internet, which is bull. I hate to argue over things like that, but we're talking almost $40.

Meanwhile, all the packages I shipped arrived on time. Guess that saying is right. What is it? It is better to ship than receive? Something like that. :p

I told them i want a refund over the phone. They told me i have to take my receipt to the post office, and fill out a form. It's bad enough they messed up, but now i have to waste time going there? So annoying!

Yeah I hear it alot from people telling me they cant get a refund but all express packages through USPS are guaranteed money back if late. I always get my refunds and refund my buyer for their shipping costs. My guess is many have been pocketing the money for themselves as well as some just dont know how to get a refund. Your best bet is to contact managment for your regional hub. As for getting a refund you will need a shipping label and the receipt at the PO.

Any packages heading out of the major cities are usually the late ones this time of year.

Latest posts