I'm obliged to show you how bored I am

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

The Skate Life
Reaction score
OK, so I'm just really bored right now so I took 10 minutes to sketch this.

2547062728_e88aeac391.jpg

It's a zombie kid who has just lost his pet mantis. What do you think?

Haha thanks! This is the first 10 minutes of it. I'm finishing it up right now.

Nice drawing! You should see me trying to draw carnivorous plants. I think I killed an entire forest. :p :lol:

-Max

10 minutes you say? pssshh. More like 2. Your lines are very inconsistent. Shading is all wrong. And my god the details are horrendus. But other than that very good! :p :lol: ;)
That's the way it's suppose to be done. That's why they call it Art. It took me 10 minutes because I was watching Spongebob :p

I don't take it personal though Frankie, you and I are like the Soda and the Can.

I thought it would give it more of the "feeling" so I drew it with that particular style on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another I drew in English class. The Dorthy Parker poem really got to me.

2552497704_d93524f477.jpg

I must say you're a good artist but your stuff scares me. :p
I'm glad you got the mood!

EDIT: Here's another one for when my dad secluded me in my room.

2556619889_de71c6f9e3_o.jpg

I thought the mantis ate his eye and was flying off and the kid was mad.

Oh boredom doodles, those are always the best, especially if done in class when you teacher is droning on and you must draw or risk stabbing yourself with the pencil from boredom.

I always come up with the weirdest stuff then. Like this picture I doodled while one of my English literature professors was rambling on. Man did that guy like the sound of his own voice.

DreamDoodle.png

I think Sparky's pictures are...intellectual...he is trying to express his frustration through images that draw out rage from inside of him. His style is related to the grotesque genre. He explores inside of him searching for the reason that he can not feel any pain...conquering his fear of closed spaces.

Ah, yes, those psychology classes have helped me.