I'm surprised yen didn't post this?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is this McMonigle guy that is so judgmental of roaches??? :lol:

Notoriety is always nice. Congrats!

Very cool! I knew about Yen's allergy but didn't realize it was that bad. Yikes!

I seem to be allergic to darkling beetle/mealworms, but I keep on raising them. I only have an issue when the colony gets older and has a lot of frass in it. Or if I pull the head off from a mealworm and touch my eye without washing my hands first.

Allergic to mantises? That's certainly a weird allergy. Is it only to roaches and mantids, or other insect too?
A teacher I used to work with told me about her first year in a classroom; the children were really excited about finding a snail in the yard. They showed it to her Co-teacher, who picked it up and immediately dropped it on the ground, it turns out she went into anaphylactic shock the moment it touched her skin! Scary stuff.

Very cool article!! Didn't realize Yen was so allergic to roaches and mantises though..

Counting myself lucky that I'm not allergic to any of the critters in my house!

How did you guys get into USA Today? Very cool.

Orin was interviewed and sent them to me and I sent them to Yen and Albert, Albert and I declined so Yen is the MAN!

PS... this will be picked up by newpapers across the country in months to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orin was interviewed and sent them to me and I sent them to Yen and Albert, Albert and I declined so Yen is the MAN!

PS... this will be picked up by newpapers across the country in months to come.
Why did you decline? Seems like it would be really good promotion for your site?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a fun telephone interview. Talked for almost an hour and it was unfortunate I have to go. Linda asked some good questions too but it was probably my fault not to explain clearly on mantis growth. Mantis never go through full metamorphisis.