Images from the Digger household

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
Orion reached adulthood early yesterday and is very proud of his wings. He said he wants to be called "B-52."

Another ooth hatched this morning. The incubation bucket has hundreds. Tonight, the temperature is predicted to drop to 34 F !!! So the Nymph Bucket is inside wrapped in a large garbage bag (too many escapees). Here are a few pictures:

orion-adult2.JPG

BELOW - ORION WITH NEW WINGS AND ONE OF THE NYMPHS RUNNING AROUND BEHIND HIM

orion-with-nymph.JPG

THEN THE NYMPH WENT TO EXPLORE THE FRONT OF THIS ENORMOUS AIRPLANE. POOR NYMPH GOT SUCKED INTO THE MANIFOLD.

nymph-munch_orion.JPG

ORION SAID THIS WAS THE MOST DELICIOUS MORSEL HE HAD EVER TASTED. HE VACUUMED DOWN A FEW OF THESE POOR INFANTS LIKE A HOOVER IN A SAW DUST FACTORY

nymph-munch2_orion.JPG

OH THE HORROR ! NYMPHOCIDE ! OF COURSE I DIDN'T TELL HIM WHAT THEY WERE. ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK HE WOULD HAVE CARED.

nymph-munch3_orion.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
He's really handsome, and he does seem awfully proud of those wings. :) I laughed out loud at the captions (especially after "nymphocide") and my roommates had to ask me what was so funny...

Not that it matters to you guys - but this is Twitch (Orion's twin brother). Didn't realize this till I just returned him to his condo. I write this just for my own record-keeping when I reference this stuff in the future. I remember when Malakyoma sent these guys to me in small Rx bottles. Orion is due to molt to adult in about 7 days. Wonder if either will take to flight? Hope so. Just have to turn off ceiling fans and light bulbs !

Oops :sleep1: Forgot to put up one or two of the newborns..

IF I JUST LIE LOW - THEY WON'T PUT ME BACK IN THAT NUTHOUSE.

escapee.JPG

I'M GETTIN' OUT A DIS JOINT, SEE? I'M GONNA BE AS FREE AS A BIRD. OR MAYBE EATEN BY ONE IF I STAY IN THE SUN LIKE THIS.

escapee2.JPG

ON THE EDGE OF HIS KNOWN WORLD

escapee4.JPG

THE NYMPH BUCKET. OR AS THEY CALL IT ------- THE BIG HOUSE.

nymph-bucket.JPG

Latest posts