improvised white box photography of a scarab beetle

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ecooper

Reaction score
I arrived in Los Cabos after dark, and the first thing I did after I checked-in was to take a walk around the hotel grounds to see what critters I could find. I found two specimens of these beautiful little beetles next to a light set in the ground along the path. I assume the beetles had been attracted by the light. Each beetle was about ½ long (1.25 centimetres) and as you can see, they were a nice mahogany colour. I believe they we some type of scarab beetle, but I have no idea what kind.

I had to made a simple white box out of photocopy paper to take this photo. It had me feeling positively MacGyverish!

Cheers,

EC

www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

beetle in Los Cabos copyright Ernie Cooper 2012_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

Wow these are neat looking little bugs. I don't know much of anything about beetles so I would have no idea what kind of beetle this is. Great pic!

Nice shot man! Looks just like the June bugs we get here in the summer...if they fly on you you'll need a pipe wrench to gett'm off!

Great shot man! Totally macgyverish :)
Nice pic! As always ;)
Wow these are neat looking little bugs. I don't know much of anything about beetles so I would have no idea what kind of beetle this is. Great pic!
Nice shot man! Looks just like the June bugs we get here in the summer...if they fly on you you'll need a pipe wrench to gett'm off!
Thank you!

Cheers,

EC

www.macrocritters.wordpress.com