In need of help

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknessMonster

Reaction score
I found a nymph on my napkin tonight at dinner, silly, but I wound up keeping the little guy/gal. I've never raised a nymph, I've always been scared to. So I'm going to try to give this one a whirl.

I'm curious on what can I feed it? There's flies everywhere in the house, small ones as well, and just curious what can I feed the little bugger :)

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, I'll be the million and one time.

Thank you!

try to gather some fruit flys! thats what i feed all my nymphs. it would be a waste to get a fruit fly culture for one nymph. i would just try to catch some.

If you leave out some fruit mash or even break up other small insects you will be able to catch some wild fruitflies and or supplement your tiny mantis with small pieces of larger insect goo if its willing to take it from you,helps to put this on say a bobby pin or something small,I hand fed some nymphs ages ago before I got into flies for a few molts and it does work,they make and sell mini meal worms that are easy to break up and you can just feed them the inside lines of those that are not as hard

If you leave out some fruit mash or even break up other small insects you will be able to catch some wild fruitflies and or supplement your tiny mantis with small pieces of larger insect goo if its willing to take it from you,helps to put this on say a bobby pin or something small,I hand fed some nymphs ages ago before I got into flies for a few molts and it does work,they make and sell mini meal worms that are easy to break up and you can just feed them the inside lines of those that are not as hard
You so answered my next question! Thank you so much love!!!

Lady Loki has a chance :D

u can either set out a light at night to attract mosquitoes, or if the nymph is larger, moths and during the day, pieces of meat to attract bottleflies

if u want I can send u some green bottlefly pupae that should emerge in a few days

oh yeah put some wet dog food out on the front porch and wait with a dipnet after 2 days to collect flies.

or put some animal refuse in a paper bag and let it set outside and should attract some flies too!

Latest posts