In the land of carnivores...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranitomeya

Reaction score

Female and male Phyllovates chlorophaea on a Darlingtonia californica pitcher. The female molted yesterday and the male molted some time last night--it's the only reason he didn't fly away.

Female Cilnia humeralis on a Utricularia reniformis inflorescence. She's currently waiting for the males to molt into adults.

Male Phyllocrania paradoxa carefully placed on a previously fed Dionaea muscipula trap.

One of my subadult male Blepharopsis mendica perched on top of an old flower of a hybrid between Sarracenia leucophylla and Sarracenia rubra. Unfortunately the only female I have is two molts behind and refusing food. She also appears to be leaking brown fluid from where her head joins to the rest of her body--she's not long for this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Male Cilnia humeralis on an unidentified Pinguicula hybrid that gets a nice pink blush. He's got a nice blue hue to his wings that I find quite lovely.

Thanks for the comments. I'm just taking pictures with my iphone and they're turning out pretty well.

Beautifully done! Love the color combinations.
The color combinations were entirely unintentional, I just placed them where I thought they looked well.

Nice! I was recently offered by one of my gardening friends some carnivorous plants in exchange for a t. sinensis ooth for her garden.
Carnivorous plants are pretty awesome and relatively low-maintenance--just keep them watered and in the lighting they prefer. I grow the majority of mine outdoors in full sun or under the porch for plants that like less light intensity. I only keep my Nepenthes indoors. I'm fortunate to have a RO unit that my family has had for decades--it's something we brought here from Taiwan when we moved here many years ago.

Nice shots, the thought of introducing my mantids and carnivores has crossed my mind a few times... :shifty:

Latest posts