Infection after adult molt?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sally

Reaction score
One of my Hymenopus coronatus females molted to adult yesterday. She was totally healthy, to my eye, prior to her adult molt. She is acting ok now, but yesterday she was pumping he abdomen like she was calling. I noticed black spots on the end of her abdomen. Opinions? Infection? Ihave never seen this before. Thanks for any input.

Looks like an infection to me. My female died before it was able to lay an ootheca a few days after it began exhibiting similar blackening.

The infection appeared to spread slowly from the end of the abdomen inwards until she died.

She looks great otherwise. I think that this sometimes happens with moisture and temperature being the varients.

Ya looks like infection One of my Adult Female H. Majcusa after molting some how pop out black .. and i don;t see her hunt sp i took her out .. and take a look found out 1 of her claw is changing to Black . I don't think she will make it ..

Aww.That is awful. It is so strange. My girl is doing a bit better.The peroxide seemed to help for now. I don't know how bad the infection is internally though. I will just wait and see...

:( I had two adult rhombos pass due to infections too. I think just cleaning the food source and not over feeding might be key. Weekly cage cleaning could prevent this too I believe. Just my thoughts. Qtip and soapy water on the spots and make sure she's hydrated should help, honey too. I've had budwings and sphodros years ago that recovered from cricket infections after misting them with a colloidal silver solution. Hope this helps

Now if you can provide a large drop of water placed where she can get to it, she will drink from it if she needs more hydration. Mine does this readily almost every day. Since she will not eat at this time, she can still flush her internal organs.

Latest posts