Info on pain

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always suspected this is the case but never did any experiments to confirm it. It's nice to know that they do not feel pain. Though it's also pretty interesting that not much further up the tree pain shows up.

Science is always progressing and republishing updates. I would wager we can't yet truly understand or identify the stimuli correctly that would test this for sure, Everything, every species even populations in a species react differently to the same stimuli. Some animals may be more pain tolerant like an insect that is built to survive without limbs, or even regenerate them like a tarantula or even some reptiles but there is no deal breaker on me that pain of some sort is not felt. I think the reaction to pain is more the testing theory today and if there is no reaction it means nothing. I can stick myself with a pin and not show pain, doesn't mean I don't want to yell a few curses out loud.

Michael