Injured!! Please help!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

Reaction score
Found this little guy lying on his back missing a leg tonight on my front porch. Brought him inside and have tried giving water with a dropper. Not drinking. I don’t know anything about mantis but please help me save him/her. I know with temps dropping in 30s and 20s soon it probably wont make it but I will do whatever I have to in order to save it. Any advice appreciated!

Found this little guy lying on his back missing a leg tonight on my front porch. Brought him inside and have tried giving water with a dropper. Not drinking. I don’t know anything about mantis but please help me save him/her. I know with temps dropping in 30s and 20s soon it probably wont make it but I will do whatever I have to in order to save it. Any advice appreciated!
Unfortunately, he/she did not make it through the night. These little guys tend to make homes in my flowerpots so next season I’m looking forward to seeing them once again. Going to bury this little one today. This experience really opened my eyes to the world of mantids. They are beautiful gentle creatures. Looking forward to learning all I can from you all. Much love, Sarah x

Sometimes if you save them from the cold they live a few months and other times they die shortly after even if you get them before the first hard frosts.

Sometimes if you save them from the cold they live a few months and other times they die shortly after even if you get them before the first hard frosts.
Good to know! Thank you! Wish he lived longer. He passed next to a geranium I pulled from the potted plant he is used to sitting in, he died peacefully inside in the warm :)

Latest posts