Instead of pinning full bodies...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
I am going to start pinning heads not full bodies lol. I think this will look barbaric and totally twisted in a cool way. What do you guys think about this?

I am going to try to contruct a wooden cabinet with a glass lid. I am figuring out the cost to make a glass lid with a magnifying glass installed.

I also want to start pinning ones with full bodies, but right now this head display is sounding cooler to me with the magnifying effect.

I don't know dude.
unsure.gif
I would not show that collection to any body. They may think your like a cereal killer, or mentally unstable!
laugh.gif

ismart: LOL!

Brian: How about this: Set up a doll house that has a "game room" (wild game, not POOL!) & mount the little heads onto little wooden "trophy" plaques & put them on the walls of the doll house game room. How cool would THAT be??? B) Or, since you're probably not a "doll house" kinda' guy, you could just make a wall-mountable diorama of JUST a game room, with the heads on the walls. :D

If you know any good sculptors you should have them make a realistic 3' pinned body spread, now that will freak out some people!

LOL!!! I knew some of you would get what I'm doing!!! ;) lmfao

Is there any way to keep their eyes from darkening???

ismart: LOL!

Brian: How about this: Set up a doll house that has a "game room" (wild game, not POOL!) & mount the little heads onto little wooden "trophy" plaques & put them on the walls of the doll house game room. How cool would THAT be??? B) Or, since you're probably not a "doll house" kinda' guy, you could just make a wall-mountable diorama of JUST a game room, with the heads on the walls. :D
I thought the heads were a strange, but cool idea. But the game room brings it to a whole new level. :lol: I could just imagine the "man cave" in a doll house. I'll bet not many people have done that yet.

Better yet how about some tequila bottles with a mantis in the bottom, not a wimpy worm. and hey it would preserve the mantis till it was munched by the tough drunk at the party. :pinch:

I would call it Jose Mantico. :alucard:

There are few pros and cons me think

Advantages

1. Don't have to worry about rotting body or missing legs;

2. No extra work in spreading the wings;

3. Many heads can be kept in one collection box i.e. space saving and;

4. Attractive male's antennae (With only the head attention will shift to antennae for once).

Disadvantages

1. Most look similar and small;

2. Difficult to preserve anteanna in its natural shape and;

3. Lack taxonomy purpose.

If you're doing it more for the looks, than the scientific part, then I'd say go for it... definately an interesting conversation starter!

It's kind of creepy, but I like it. You could arrange them from smallest to largest. :lol: It would be even cooler the more heads you have. Man, with a nice black background and maybe a mini light built into a glass case... Way cool!

Great idea! That is very creative. If it were me I would probably use Green Oasis's idea and make a tiny room with the mantid heads mounted on the wall. Then I would film a horror movie with dolls. :alien:

Latest posts