introducing: me!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlemmings

Reaction score
Hello, so I am new to the whole mantis keeping/ rearing etc. earlier this year while setting on my patio I spotted the most curious tiny insect. I did not have my glasses and so leaned in to within 10-12 inches...for the life of me it looked like a praying mantis but super tiny like a little bigger than an ant. I held perfectly still for about 30 seconds of observation. I just had to go get my glasses and a camera. I dashed into the house and right back out within a few seconds (both my camera and glasses were on the coffee table) to find it had vanished. I carefully looked all around but was unable to locate the creature again. searching the internet it became clear to me it was a mantis nymph and yes the do start off that small in many cases. I was amazed at the diverse number of species and have become fascinated and now want to keep one, and eventually rear an ooth. I found this forum and decided to study up a bit before undertaking this endeavor. so here I am

Welcome from Yuma, AZ! You appear to have the Right (Mantis)Stuff. Here's Peter's care sheet and an interesting thread:http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20114

Fantastic story! You were quite lucky to find such a young nymph in the "wild"! :D Welcome to the community! You have come to he right place!