Invertory - world's first invertebrate inventory tracker (MANTIS FIRST)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Untitled-1.png

Invertory is a mobile application that allows users to keep tracking of their exotic invertebrate inventories. This is ideal for all you mantis guys to keep track of all your big collections! Mantis will be one the first inverts to come to the app!

It will include tons of features such as sharing care sheets, custom variables, data visualisation and a whole lot more to be announced soon.

Head to the Facebook page for updates as they come. We are planning a release on early 2019!

https://www.facebook.com/invertoryapp/

that.... that is awesome. Thank you sir

edit: is the app actually out/on the app store yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any need for beta testers on Android? I have some technical background and currently care for six mantids and a bunch of other invertebrate cleaners and feeders.

One idea I had that may or may not be included already: Allow cultures of feeders, cleaners, etc to be added as specimens. While I don't track isopods or roaches individually, it would be nice to track the health, lifespan, feeding, etc of the culture. Right now I just record it all in a notebook for my own learning and records.

Any need for beta testers on Android? I have some technical background and currently care for six mantids and a bunch of other invertebrate cleaners and feeders.

One idea I had that may or may not be included already: Allow cultures of feeders, cleaners, etc to be added as specimens. While I don't track isopods or roaches individually, it would be nice to track the health, lifespan, feeding, etc of the culture. Right now I just record it all in a notebook for my own learning and records.
We'll let you know closer to the time when we are looking for testers! As for feeders, it is already in the current plan ;)

Great, I am looking forward to seeing this project progress.

EDIT: What price-point are you looking at? I see similar apps for reptiles vary widely from $0 to $25. Whatever the price-point, I always appreciate apps having a demo or additional functionality unlocked through in-app purchases. When an app from a small developer is $5+ with no way to test it out, I usually avoid it since I have been burned on several occasions by non-functional apps where I needed to seek refunds.

Great, I am looking forward to seeing this project progress.

EDIT: What price-point are you looking at? I see similar apps for reptiles vary widely from $0 to $25. Whatever the price-point, I always appreciate apps having a demo or additional functionality unlocked through in-app purchases. When an app from a small developer is $5+ with no way to test it out, I usually avoid it since I have been burned on several occasions by non-functional apps where I needed to seek refunds.
There will be a free version for people to test with advertisements and some limitations, then a premium version for £2.99 with no ads and everything unlocked and customisable. 

Awesome. Sounds like you have the right idea. I love database apps like this. There is something nice about keeping good records and having them properly organized.