iris oratoria ooth question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woo boo hui wan

Reaction score
Hi

i found an ooth of iris oratoria last season, well it hatched and i had loads of little mantis. time has passed and now i have one female left. i had a male too but she ate him after mating. so a month or maybe a little more ago she layed an ooth, then a week or two later another one. i am moving and really i just want to put them out back in nature. but i dont want to put them out in a bad place and have them die. when and where or what should i do with them. any ideas on how long before they hatch? any help appreciated

woo boo hui wan

I'm kind of in the same situation. I have 2 females and no males. The males died before I got them mated. One of the females tried to eat a male so I decided to wait... a little too long.

no no my mantis mated with the male, its just she ate him after they were done. BUT she layed 3 ooths, and i dont know what to do with them. i moved and they are not with me anymore but i have someone watching the mantis for me. i just want to know if its safe to put the ooths outside, and if so where, and when. i cant care for them anymore and i want to put them back in nature. any help appreciated.

you could just place them anyhwere that you have found nymphs at before, or any grassy, undisturbed lot. You could also ask other keepers/breeders on the forum if they are interested in any of the ooths free of charge, except that they pay shipping...

if anyone wants them, they can have them i have 3. the only problem is

1. they are in southern california, and i dont live there no more.

2. they will probly have to wait till the female mantis dies so i can get them out the cage i made( she layed 2 on the cage structure

if anyone wants to pick them up in a little while im completely fine with that, i just want the little ones to be happy and not die.

pm me if your in socal and are interested.

Latest posts