Is He Dying?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinensispsyched

Reaction score
My male stallii molte to adult six weeks ago, and right now he's acting pretty sick.

He was throwing up (I blame a bad superworm), so I changed his enclosure/ washed it today. However, he still seems pretty weak. I tried feeding him a headless cricket, but to no avail. I tried some water, but he just made efforts to throw it up. Does this sound like he's dying, or is he just sick? Also, what can I do to help him?

Don't feed him for a few days, just give him water if he can keep it down. Don't force him to eat or drink cause the vomiting can exhaust him.

Keep his container as clean as possible with plenty of ventilation.

Ok, thanks for your support. I am keeping him clean, and he managed to gulp down a few drops of honey-water. I am also misting him daily, so hopefully he'll come around.

Sorry Keegan, I know that's tough to watch. Been there, done that. Certainly no fun. Hope he improves.

As do I. I really want to mate this sp, and I have, but my female made it a wasted effort by "scrambling" the ooth, allowing little eggs to poke out everywhere. This egg won't hatch, and my only hope of mating is if the male recovers.

EDIT: As of this morning, my last hope has literally died. RIP, Romeo.

Anyone got an adult male stallii FS? Please PM me if you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts