is it bad...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always feed them if I can find a quick snack nearby. The ones I've seen outside usually seem to be on the thin side so I help put some food in their bellies!

Another view is that if humans feed animals, those animals stop seeing humans as a threat and end up pestering humans for food. In the case of a mantis, I don't think this is a worry, though there are many many reasons I can think why the OP's question is legitimate to ask.

another great example is Canada geese in most places they donot migrate anymore because we as humans have fed them they donot have the need to go where the food is anymore it is always in the same place for them

I set out twizzlers and little thimbles of espresso for the wild mantis around here and they are very happy gone zippy!

LMFAO,that is so funny,thanks for making me laugh,I'm ordering some asian nymps from Mantis Place,I am going to try and breed them.To date the only mantids I've bred,and raised the offspring,are ghost and chinese.I know a stand of habitat about 30 miles away where there are europeans,right next to a home I lived at right after my brain trauma,the owner done said I could spend the night there and hunt for europeans.Has any one ever notice how the different species terrotory just barely over lap,The chinese though usually go where they pleaes,and then the carolinas, and eoropeans split for safer grounds,would;nt you?I like to hear about habitat in Portugal from Domanating if he'd like to share

another great example is Canada geese in most places they donot migrate anymore because we as humans have fed them they donot have the need to go where the food is anymore it is always in the same place for them
I guess mantids rely on instinct much more than Canada Geese do. I do not think mantids could learn something like that.

Latest posts