Is it okay to use a humidifier?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i2chip

Reaction score
I don't currently have any mantises because my two Chinese mantises died a few months ago :( . Spraying them all the time was kind of a hassle that I wonder if I could avoid with them if I choose to get/find another. If I put a mantis in a tank with a reptile humidifier and gave the mantis a viable water source, would it still need to be sprayed?

They don't move much to seek out water, so I'd still spray them. I mist nightly for tropical species and ~2x weekly for grassland and desert species. I use the fogger at night for every species, including desert. You'd be surprised at the dew that accumulates in the desert. 

Spraying/misting your mantids is still required with a humidifier or not (to ensure proper humidity in their habitat, and allow them droplets of water to drink too (even if you don't see them drink)). Personally when the heater is turned on in our house I turn on my steam humidifiers to help keep my mantids from drying out (as RH% can be 15-25% with heating) and it is hard to combat that low of humidity by simply misting.

I never use a humi and mine do fine. They like to drink, but twice a day is to much, Give it to them once a day or every

other day. Course I live in Ohio, it has its own humidifier. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts