Is it true killing mantids are illegal in vietnam???

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anleoflippy

Reaction score
So lots of people say on the net and my friends at school, even my father says Killing mantids are illegal In vietnam...

So is it really true..???

My friend at school says is illegal because PRAYING mantis are sacred insects...

Well because they have a prayer-stance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it is really illegal or not, but i know that my family in Croatia say that they are not allowed to kill a mantis because they are sacred too (like you said). The parents teach the children and so on... but it's not officially illegal or something.

Don't know about Vietnam but there are many people even here in the U.S. who believe that killing mantids are illegal here, while that's not exactly true. It's possible that your friends are mistaken. However I won't say anything definite until I see some sources.

People say the same thing here in the US and it is not true.

As mantis lovers it seems that would be an urban legend we'd want to perpetuate rather than kill.

Anzilleoflippy:

Be the first to come up with the Official Answer! So far as I know, Vietnam does not have a diplomatic/consular presence in Sabah. The closest is in Brunei, Tel. (673-2) 343167. If you call that number, you will get the consular receptionist. Tell him that you are doing a student paper on mantises and someone has told you that it is illegal to kill mantises in Vietnam. Is this true? I have called embassies and consulates on many occasions and always received a courteous answer or been referred to someone who has it.

Let us know what you come up with!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anzilleoflippy:Be the first to come up with the Official Answer! So far as I know, Vietnam does not have a diplomatic/consular presence in Sabah. The closest is in Brunei, Tel. (673-2) 343167. If you call that number, you will get the consular receptionist. Tell him that you are doing a student paper on mantises and someone has told you that it is illegal to kill mantises in Vietnam. Is this true? I have called embassies and consulates on many occasions and always received a courteous answer or been referred to someone who has it.

Let us know what you come up with!
LOL :lol:

I cant do that thing...

I might be caught or something...