Is my european ok?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnienhaus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know its been a while since I posted last but I've been swamped with things...

Anyway, I have some questions regarding my male european...the edges of his wings are starting to turn brown kinda matching his legs...he's got a brownish/black line down both sides of his abdomen...and he's getting a faint checker-like pattern on the part of his body between his head and his abdomen...

Is this something to be concerned about? I assumed that he was done molting because he has his wings already...is that an incorrect assumption?

Its getting cold outside so its been harder to find things for him to eat so I went to the pet store and bought some large crickets (which he seems to love)...I gave him one yesterday and he ate about 1/2 of one today...could it be overfeeding?

Im really concerned so if anyone could help I would really appreciate it..

Dont' be too worried. If he has wings he is an adult and will molt no more. If you found him outside he is nearing the end of his life. The changes you see may be related to old age. It's hard to help you without a picture to see exactly what you're talking about.

Dont' be too worried. If he has wings he is an adult and will molt no more. If you found him outside he is nearing the end of his life. The changes you see may be related to old age. It's hard to help you without a picture to see exactly what you're talking about.
I'll try to get a picture up as soon as I can...

Eating only half of a large cricket is very normal for an adult male religiosa. I usually feed the males "medium" sized crickets so there isn't as much waste. If I have to feed adult crickets...I feed them the males that are usually smaller.

Latest posts