Is she signal ready or I will kill

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjorsa

Reaction score
My Hierodula membranacea female have killed 2 males already and now Im trying with my last male she is 6 weeks after last molt to mature so she should be ready but the last 2 males she has just killed and droped not eating them .

And now when trying again about 5 days since last time she is displaying some sort of signal but is it that she is ready for mating or is she signaling that she is going to kill him ????the male is about 10 cm to her left .

24aprilbnihona2.jpg

24aprilbnishona.jpg

Kindly bjorsa

thats deffinitely a "you best move from me, wasteman"/"go away" display. maybe try feeding her more and then trying again in a few days. 6 weeks should be enough time to sexually mature so the only reason i can think of is lack of food, or maybe stress too?

Ok thanks for the answer !

Im trying to feed her as much as she wants but today she wouldent eat and she seems full lika a stuffed sausage but I will wait some more days before trying again but she is hard to get in the mood

Kindly bjorsa

She is getting ready to lay her first ooth, she will not eat right now and best to leave her alone with just a spray of warm water, after the first ooth, give her plenty to eat and then introduce him, and do it at dinner time, they mate better in the evening!

Oops. Just saw you said she is six weeks mature. Well in that case try the technique in the post I gave you.

Latest posts