Is the D. lobata hard to breed?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow

Reaction score
the care sheet said I think the D. Desicatta or something like that hard to breed :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never raised them, but I was under the impression that Desicatta were the easiest of the Deadleaf species to breed

lol

How long have you been in this hobby? How many species have you breed?
lol I have bred other easy species, I came in knowing this species is notorious for being difficult. She proved that today when she unfortunately flipped the male over in the middle of mating and ate him D:

lol I know xD, but you made a good reply.

It's alright, it's kinda sad as he was trying consistently for the past week to mate with her lol, but this time when he got her in a lock she got him. I'm not sure where I will find a male adult D. Lobata.
I am sorry to hear it went wrong :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have so far bred europeans. but in books and on care sheets they say europeans are a harder mantis to breed. so how hard could an easier one be!

I think people make too much of a deal for breeding. Like, when the females eat the males it makes the ooth healthier. And in the wild they just breed!

Latest posts