jail break

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jday

Reaction score
Our #1 ootheca producer recently escaped from her terrarium after mating. Several days later she returned--without prompting--albeit with a much smaller abdomen. This all occurred in my son's room, which is full of the sorts of toys fellers of his generation accumulate. I've looked under the bed, behind curtains, etc. but haven't found the ooth. Any ideas of where I should look?

You'll find it when it hatches! Just have a container ready to scoop them up! Otherwise, any vertical surface that isn't too slick is a possibility. Good luck!

Try looking near a window, or lamp. She could have laid the ooth on a window sill? I had a gravid female carolina mantis escape many years ago. To my surprise she crawled into my girls purse, and laid an ooth in it. My girl was so pissed! :lol:

Try looking near a window, or lamp. She could have laid the ooth on a window sill? I had a gravid female carolina mantis escape many years ago. To my surprise she crawled into my girls purse, and laid an ooth in it. My girl was so pissed! :lol:
:lol: That is a strange place!

This morning, I found that one of my Stagmomantis carolinas, McMantis, (She once lived in a McDonalds' cup :) ) had escaped her container and laid an ootheca on one of my T-shirts. :blink:

I am glad that she didn't lay it on one of my husband's suits because he barely tolerates that I keep the mantids containers in the bedroom.
<_<
I had to cut a section out of that shirt. :mellow:

whoa, revived thread. I had one lay on my bedsheets once. It didn't escape though, I let it out and kind of forgot about it :rolleyes: The next day, I found her, but didn't see the ooth until it was time to wash the sheets. I was able to pry it off no problems :)

Latest posts