JRH3

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilinYuma

Reaction score
I was surprised to find that this was John's first post on this forum. He sent me 4 adult creos, in great shape and well fed to judge from their uric acid donations! They were well packed in individual pots in an insulated box. I look forward to doing business with John again.

thanks philinyuma ,glad i could help. I do like to feed them a large variety of feeders, B) . looking foward to business agian.

John sent to me an ooth and a Ghost male (older nymph) and they were packed so well, that the Ghostie had a fly to spare from the long trip from PA to ca. Thanks John, you are hereby recommended to others.

Honest breeder, able to resolve problems. Recommend!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some violins from jrh3 and am totally satisfied. He gave me a free one.

One nymph was received DOA, but that was not his fault.

I would buy from him again and would recommend.

I bought two s. lineolas from him, they arrived alive, one only had two legs but not his fault, the excelsior must have done it. Would do business again.

just got my package of ooths from him.the he packed them very well and was very pleasant in pms. i will update when they hatch.

I purchased a ghost mantis ooth from jrh3 . It was packed very well and hatched within a few weeks of receiveing it. I was very happy with him and his professionalism. Look forward to purchasing from him in the future.

I ordered 5 ghosts from him and I told him to hold them until they were L2 for me(I've had trouble shipping L1's). He did so, and I recieved 5 L2 ghosts in the mail. All arrived alive and were cleverly packaged in small portion cups to avoid damage. He had good communication throughout the sale.

Highly recommended seller, would buy from again.

Thanks.

Bought some "Indian Unicorn Boxer's" a while back as well as a "rare S. Bicornis ootheca."

I have had Indian Unicorn boxer's before at 1st instar stage and I noticed the nymphs he sent me at L2 did not look the same as mine, and they did not even have the large rounded fore arms that boxer species have.

I let him know that they did not look like boxers but he told me that they were "for sure".

Several months pass by and he mentions to me that the other "unicorn boxers" he sold ended up being Odontomantis sp.

When I requested a refund I was given a run around and he even mentioned that he had originally stated that they weren't guaranteed to be that species for sure.

When I dug up our old conversations via pm the exact opposite was stated by him, and he requested photos of the mantids he sent me for verification that they were the wrong species even though he had already admitted to selling the incorrect species to other people.

The mantis nymphs were not sold knowingly as the wrong species, but the gripe exists when the seller states they are a certain species "FOR SURE" and when they turn out to be the wrong species, they do not live up to their guarantee. That is where the main problem is.

The ooth that he sold me also did not hatch, and after discovering where he had purchased it from initially I would not have purchased it in the first place if I had known where it came from and how long it had been in existence from; from the original transit to the first seller, then to jrh3, then to me. Since that seller has a very low hatch rate on the ooths she sells I would have never bought the ooth beforehand knowing this information. The ooths that another member purchased from him did not hatch as well, so they may have been knowingly sold as duds just to cut losses. This is purely speculative however, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last time I checked, I was not made aware of the original seller of the ooths before the purchase. I only found out where the ooths had originated from after another member mentioned to me that his ooths had still not hatched, and that they were from a specific person FR@@

I have all the original PM's saved if they need to be brought up again. No mention of "FR@@" was ever made. So either he is telling falsehoods or is a liar.

Needless to say, integrity does not seem to be high on the list of priorities for this person.

I see now your angry about the orchid deal with JCAL so lets think back 2 years ago and see all the times i had a bad deal. You should have posted this when there was a problem not when you get upset at another deal and your anger is bringing all this built up stress out. THEY OFFER CLASSES FOR THAT!!! :helpsmilie:

Trans-am, this was close to 2 years ago and your bringing it up now, you must be in a bad mood, lol. We discussed that i got these from FR@@ and you understood that, i didnt guarantee they will hatch at all. And i did NOT knowingly sell you a wrong species. When i asked for pictures to prove they were wrong you would never send me pictures, WHY? i tryed to work with you but you wouldnt even show me they were wrong or that the ooths didnt hatch? They were sent to me as boxers and i did NOT know they werent. I guess we all have that one bad deal and i will gladly accept that title for you my friend. I try my best to satisfy just look at all my last feed backs over the years. You knew the circumstances and you knew where the ooths came from but yet you still bought them so this {Since that seller has a very low hatch rate on the ooths she sells I would have never bought the ooth beforehand knowing this information} is not tru.

Sorry you had a bad day, let me guess just like last time people backed out on a few of your sells so you get mad and try to think of everything in the past to vent and make yourself feel better.

If this was recently i would understand posting now, BUT THIS HAPPENED ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I no longer deal this this FR@@ person.

Purchased 2 female Ghosts from jrh and received both in good health. Shipped quickly and packaged well. Would do business with him again

I paid shipping on an adult male maj for my pair. When I opened the box I got my adult male and 4-5 other species! :) quite the bargain for 6 bucks! Can't go wrong there at all.

I have a few free M. religosia and S. carolina nymphs.Great guy to deal with,He sent package as we agree.Easy communication ,great packing and healthy mantises

Recommended

Latest posts