jumping spider's venom

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakota

Reaction score
from several sitess now they say that the bold or daring jumping spider is as dangerous as the brown reclueses venom plaese say thats not true if it is i am in big trouble because i have been bit by my bold jumping spider 6 times already.

thamks,

dakota

I think you would know by now if it were a problem. When a recluse bites, you usually end up with a large, swollen lump on the area. After a while, that lump scabs over and falls off, leaving you with a nice crater as a reminder.

Recluse spiders tend to only be deadly for those with weak immune systems--the old or very young. If you only have little bumps and some redness, I wouldn't worry about it. If they start to look particularly nasty, there probably won't be much you can do about it anyway, but you can go see your doctor if it makes you feel better.

Basically what he said, if it was trouble you'd know. As far as docs are concerned most dont have knowledge of bites from any poisonous creature and all they'd do would be to give you some drugs/cream that you probably would have anyway.

I used to breed/keep jumping spiders, but I'm not familiar with the 'bold' or 'daring' jumping spider. Is that describing its temperment or is it a species? In any case, I have been bitten at least two dozen times, and I never had a problem. Except that I lost a finger. Oh, and the nervous twitch..

Those look awfully like the ones I used to keep. And I've been bitten numerous times with no effect. Cool spiders.

Latest posts