Just a mom raising kids and bugs!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm a mom in California with a passion for all things nature. In our house we raise all kinds of animals and insects. We have various mantids, beetles, butterflies, moths, etc.... I attached a few pictures. I teach local girl scouts about insects and animal Care so they can earn badges so I am always on the hunt for anything new and interesting!!

20190617_183603.jpg

20190617_083704.jpg

20190501_140232.jpg

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in! How old are your kids, and what all insects do you keep?

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in! How old are your kids, and what all insects do you keep?

- MantisGirl13
Hi! My daughters are 2, 5 and 11. We keep several butterflies/moths, several types of phasmids, several types of Mantids, beetles, ladybugs...it's a menagerie! And that is all in addition to tree frogs, toads, tortoises, red eared sliders, a Beardie, a rabbit, a parrot, 3 dogs and 2 cats. We also put on bug classes for local girl scouts so I'm always looking for something new and different for them to learn about. I feel like we need more girls interested in creatures and not afraid of them. :)

Latest posts