Just bought my first mantis!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuzu

Reaction score
I had originally intended on buying an orchid, though because I couldn't find one for sale, I settled on eventually getting a giant asian. As luck would have it, I ended up finding out usmantis.com has some L3 orchids for sale! Quickly snatched one up. My nymph kit I ordered will be here today, so it was perfect timing. Paid extra for express shipping for the sake of the mantis. I'm so excited!

Hey congrats their very good for anxiety, I have 2. Just got my second one today. I have had Bugsey for almost a month and he's my pride and joy.

How about live food? Get ready! They sure are beautiful. That is the species I wanted to start with first, but need better skills at keeping and breeding.

Grats and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about live food? Get ready! They sure are beautiful. That is the species I wanted to start with first, but need better skills at keeping and breeding.

Grats and good luck.
The mantis nymph kit I have came with a small culture of fruit flies, and I also ordered a larger culture. :) When the mantis is larger I will probably feed it the dubias I'll have for my lizard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, the place I buy my orchid from is New York, which is basically snowed in haha. Hopefully it passes soon so it can be safely shipped!

To keep myself busy while I wait, I'll be ordering one or two hierodula venosa from bugsincyberspace on Monday (so they arrive on my day off). Looks like hierodula venosa will end up being my first mantis to arrive!

Yeah, the east really got slammed. NYC didn't get as much as they estimated, so hopefully your baby will ship soon!

Latest posts