Just curious...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddhistsoldier88

Reaction score
Could I feed a mouse to an adult budwing? I saw a video of a mantis actually capturing and eating a mouse on youtube. If you dont believe me look it up as mantis vs mouse. But when i saw that i got curious... What do you guys think?

P.S. it was an NGG video clip

The pinky mouse below was bought as a frozen feeder in a pack of one hundred for snake food.

mantids250.jpg

how big is the mouse to the mantis?

i mean, sure a mantis is tough but one bite from a rodent in the right place and it's going down...

how big is the mouse to the mantis?i mean, sure a mantis is tough but one bite from a rodent in the right place and it's going down...
That is a pinky mouse which means if it had been alive it woujld not be able to bite. That is a Giant Asian mantis and the pic shows you the size compared to the mantis. I sold the snake and had a few mice left over.

how big is the mouse to the mantis?i mean, sure a mantis is tough but one bite from a rodent in the right place and it's going down...
The wild mouse was fully grown and at least twice the size and weight of the mantis...looke like a male mantid...

Rick have you found and problems feeding your mantids mice like that?

Could I feed a mouse to an adult budwing? I saw a video of a mantis actually capturing and eating a mouse on youtube. If you dont believe me look it up as mantis vs mouse. But when i saw that i got curious... What do you guys think?P.S. it was an NGG video clip
I had a female adult. I don't think she's big enough to attack an adult mouse.

well this mantis was wild...mouse was at the wrong place at the wrong time sadly...kinda ironic doncha think? :lol:
I think it was all set up.

Latest posts