Just Getting Started

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travel944

Reaction score
Greetings from Helena, Montana!

My name is Kim and I am just beginning this journey. I am currently researching and purchasing habitats and food before shipping in my mantis. I am looking at getting Orchids, Moss, Ghosts, and/or Spiny Jewels. So far I am finding the feeding (or keeping of the cultures) to be the most challenging to understand. I'm not real sure what all I will need yet or best places to purchase fruit flies and bottle flies.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum.

Greetings from Helena, Montana!

My name is Kim and I am just beginning this journey. I am currently researching and purchasing habitats and food before shipping in my mantis. I am looking at getting Orchids, Moss, Ghosts, and/or Spiny Jewels. So far I am finding the feeding (or keeping of the cultures) to be the most challenging to understand. I'm not real sure what all I will need yet or best places to purchase fruit flies and bottle flies.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum.
Welcome. Orchids and Moss mantises are not beginner mantises and should not be purchased until you have more experience. Creobroters are always a good place to start. They're on the smaller size and eat like mini trash compactors. Ghosts have the conditions for beginners but are notoriously picky. If you'd like, I can link some reputable feeder companies.

Welcome. Orchids and Moss mantises are not beginner mantises and should not be purchased until you have more experience. Creobroters are always a good place to start. They're on the smaller size and eat like mini trash compactors. Ghosts have the conditions for beginners but are notoriously picky. If you'd like, I can link some reputable feeder companies.
I would love it if you posted the links. I will start with some Ghost mantis and work my way up to the Moss and Orchids. Thank you for the information.

Latest posts