Just got my mantids in!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgerndt

Reaction score
It was like Christmas for me yesterday, because I got all of my new babies in the mail! I haven't had any mantids for about a year, and I've missed them so much.

I decided to take a break after my last couple ghosts died last spring. I debated on getting a frog, or a tarantula; I even thought about an ant farm. I ended up getting an Emperor scorpion, who is really awesome and I really love. But a happy scorpion hides in her burrow most of the time. So it's really like owning a pet hole. Lol

But I am just so overjoyed to have mantids again! I missed the little buggers! I just love how they look at you with those big, thoughtful, eyes. I feel like I'm back home again. :)

Congrats! By the looks of your signature, you got a lot! Nothing like jumping back in with both feet, I suppose. :lol:

Haha, ten mantids isn't that many to me! I had many more than this before! Besides, my cryptics are only L2/L3, so they're still super tiny. They fit in two 32 oz deli cups.

That's true: guess it's different for everyone! :lol: I've got two so it's hard to imagine ten, especially little nymphs! (I think they're harder the younger they are, but that's just been my experience so far.)

Soon you'll have many more than two. Haha! They are so addictive! Plus, you always tend to lose one or two for some reason or another. And if you have too many, I'm sure there will be plenty of takers here on the forum. :)

Latest posts