Just introducing myself.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doktorhook

Reaction score
Hey guys & gals,

Doktorhook here & of course I'm new to the forum. I actually ran across it a few days back when I had caught a wild mantid in my front yard ( chinese). I was wanting to keep him as a pet but around my house we have alot of ants & they tend to keep the other insects down so I was having a hard time finding food for him. Anyway I temporarily let him go so that he could fend for himself at least but the kids became attached to him so i recaptured him a few days later.

We've named him 'El Tigre", because in his world he's like a tiger. To make it short & sweet I have El tigre a proper tank now & thanks to you guys I know how to take care of him. I've always had a fascination with mantids ever since I was a kid & have caught some fine ones in my time. One you won't believe (literally) but I'll save that for another time.

Thanks! I thought he deserved an appropriate name since their such viscious little critters.

Welcome Dok! I'm new as well. You will find a wealth of information in this forum, much of it from experience. I have one Chinese too! I had hundreds but that's another story. :wink:

Latest posts