Just Need Reassurance !!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13ollox

Reaction score
Hey Guys , My P.aeruginosa shed once again , she now has raised lumps on her back which are her wing buds and shes roughly 3.5 - 4 inches long. i just need some reassarance from you guys about waiting a couple of days till i place some food into her tank because as she is my first mantis, i would like to see her reach adulthood and i dont want her to keel over in the night because shes starving ! :( i know it seems petty but it would help me alot if you top class guys could do that for me :)

thanks

Neil :D

I feed two days after shedding. No problems.

P. Aeruginosa is never shy on food so she should resume eating soon. Female usually eat vigorously during sub-adult and adult stage if she is not sick. humidity shouldn't be a problem but keeping them too cold may reduce their appetite. Hope she is eating now as i am writing this.

Thankx guys .. she now eatin so well ive run extra low on food .. i hope my wax worms and crics arrive soon ... i have about 6 left !!! people have said that crics if not from a good source can make em sick .. as im a begginer .. thats all ive fed her so far and nothing wrong with her .. i got them from www.exotic-pets.co.uk .. they sell some mantids too and scorps .. turantulas .. lizards .. snakes .. everything really , so for all you guys out there in the UK right now having trouble getting some invertabrate , lizards ect ... i recomend this site !

thankx once again for just reassuring me ..

Neil

PIC00310.jpg

Latest posts