Just saying

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find facebook opened up the world for me, it has enriched parts of my life. I feel much less alone not. But! Yes, it has stolen alot away from here.

Some of the magical people here are not there, Precarious and others who take incredible photos, they really enrich us all! There are others too I really like that are only here. I think we need to speak up there and maybe direct them here. Boost the membership and action up again.

It was bought out by a brother/sister company that's ran by government officials some years back (before facebook hit mainstream, I was actually apart of it...) Sadly after the masses struck, facebook went completely downhill (just like "MYSPACE...") and I removed myself from the site after seeing articles upon articles of the buyout.

I don't know if you've noticed, but now most or all new cell phones (smartphones) come with facebook preinstalled? On my windows phone you can't even uninstall it?... Red flag??

Or how about everytime you log into the site "Facebook" its GPS tracks your exact location AND store it too?...
LOL creepy

Alot of the groups are good ones, alot are trash and I avoid or leave those. Im very careful what links I touch too. I watch and see what people say about them first.

Fb is notorious for viruses and other evil things. I try to avoid that kind of trouble as best I can.

The mantis groups are nice as are the rv groups, aspergers groups (I left one because of bullies) gardening groups and moth groups are my favorites. Plus, friends are there, special friends that are hard to communicate with otherwise.

yea Rick, i seen a cat one yesterday with a 2 month old who ended up crying cause the cat was in its face. What do people think nowadays? Whats really scary is you get a closer look at how people really do think. For the most part, a lot of post are about family or how one should feel, but then u get the weirdos.

I like to spend my time here... I enjoy getting to know people here... a little banter back and forth, now and then... It just seems like a little slower pace..

My facebook is set up for mainly family, and friends.. but most do not know about my hobby..( I have a very old world Italian family I have married into) they do not think dogs should be pets.. I could only imagine what they would think about bugs!...LOL

So I have not ever put a mantis picture up... and I love to share my pics.. I myself think all my bugs are cute, special, and really great pets... but as we all know, it is not an idea shared by all... (except us here on the forum)

" I myself think all my bugs are cute, special, and really great pets... but as we all know, it is not an idea shared by all... " -Dmina.

Absolute truth.

I am always amazed at the responses I get from people when I show some pics and talk about my mantids. I love sharing info and teaching others about them and other pet bugs. I get lots of ooos and wows from people!

I shared afew pics of my big hisser roaches and afew people were creeped out! I always respect thier feelings and I let them know it.

Funny I've seen and joined several mantid groups on Facebook but I don't think I've ever posted, I always figured one place like the forum is enough (that and I don't use Facebook if it all last post on my page was over a year ago :D ).

Weird about not being able to delete a Facebook account, I did not know that. Oh well nothing on mine to worry about no matter who sees it. I do understand the name and finding people though - I had some co-workers who made accounts with fake names to avoid people. It can be a problem to be sure.

Latest posts