Just thought I'd share the good news

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidLord

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'll keep this relatively short, but I just wanted to share with you all that I'll be graduating with a BS in entomology from Cornell in May :) :smarty: aaaaaand I've just accepted an admissions offer to the Animal Behavior Grad Group for a PhD at UC Davis!!! I'm excited to come back home to California and hopefully study something related to mantis behavior (haven't decided yet but my adviser was receptive to a few of my ideas)! :detective: Anyway! That's it! Hopefully now that I'll be in a warmer area and have my own place, I can actually keep buy and keep more mantis species, but we'll see how that goes :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! I'll keep this relatively short, but I just wanted to share with you all that I'll be graduating with a BS in entomology from Cornell in May :) :smarty: aaaaaand I've just accepted an admissions offer to the Animal Behavior Grad Group for a PhD at UC Davis!!! I'm excited to come back home to California and hopefully study something related to mantis behavior (haven't decided yet but my adviser was receptive to a few of my ideas)! :detective: Anyway! That's it! Hopefully now that I'll be in a warmer area and have my own place, I can actually keep buy and keep more mantis species, but we'll see how that goes :rolleyes:
Awesome!

Great to see you stuck it out, it is hard work. Congrats, and best wishes for your PhD work.
thumbup.gif

Thanks all!! I really appreciate it! Yeah Rick, at first I thought it was pretty uncommon, but apparently in sciences a lot of people forego the masters. I didn't want to take any years off because I don't think I'd be able to go back to school, mentally. So I just decided to keep going.

Latest posts