Keek, Tenodera sinensis, L4

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidBro

Reaction score
My two Tenodera sinensis are growing up. Dakon is still L3, but Keek became L4 on the 7th (November). Keek is currently 1.2".

I took photos of Keek a few days after his/her molt. Also after s/he ate, so s/he looks big and full. S/he only ate a little bit today and I don't wonder why. S/he's filled to the brim with bug guts.

keek_l4_tenodera_sinensis_praying_mantid_by_alexandersmantids-d5kx93q.jpg

tenodera_sinensis__full__l4__keek_by_alexandersmantids-d5kx5x1.jpg

what_a_beaute__tenodera_sinensis_l4_by_alexandersmantids-d5kx4j5.jpg

Days before...

keek_molted__now_l4_by_alexandersmantids-d5kgvm3.jpg

tenodera_sinensis__keek__l4_by_alexandersmantids-d5kgvda.jpg

Keek has 8 segments but does not act like a male mantid what-so-ever. Eats non stop, tends to sit around more than crawl.

Dakon also has 8 segments but does act like a male mantid. He doesn't eat as much, and is hyper. He'll literally go back and forth on the same stick multiple times. Also, Dakon hasn't molted into L4 yet (and it's the 17th - 10 days after Keek molted into L4) and was always smaller (because he's male and doesn't eat like a pig lol).

If Keek IS female, that'd be awesome. I'll definitely be breeding them if that's the case. And this time I won't put the ootheca upside down. x_x

Latest posts