L2 Nymph feeding, food colony startup

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much should L3 Egyptian pygmy mantis nymphs eat and how often again?

I haven't tried larva  the Mio's are quite aggressive  , as long as it moves they should go after it .. Give it a go , I will also.. ........ S

I haven't tried larva  the Mio's are quite aggressive  , as long as it moves they should go after it .. Give it a go , I will also.. ........ S
How did you get on? I don't think my guys are  keen on being handfed, or hunting slow things yet, they grab the flies when they have the opportunity, but yet to see them actively stalking. 

I feed the young Mio's every day some times twice / day  , as much as they want .
Do you think hatchling crickets would be too much for these guys already? If I don't leave them alone, would it be ok? I read crickets can gang up and attack mantids. 

It’s easy to find food for your Egyptian Pygmy Mantis, as it eats almost all prey insects species that have the correct size. Fruitflies are favorite for Egyptian Pygmy Mantises of all sizes and ages. Adult Egyptian Pygmy Mantids can also eat small crickets, moths, green bottle flies and any other insect species that is around half the lenght of the mantis- keepinginsects

Latest posts