L2 Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes but the ants we have over here arent exactly very big/dangerous/fast. we have mainly lasius niger and lasius flavus, and i think so long as you dont put loads in at once, (one by one i guess) the mantis shouldnt have any problems. they have no problem eating more dangerous things (bees/wasps, stuff that stings), our ants here dont really have stings to speak of, well wood ants do but theyre much rarer than the lasius. ive never had to feed ants to mantids but i probably would if times were hard.

yes but the ants we have over here arent exactly very big/dangerous/fast. we have mainly lasius niger and lasius flavus, and i think so long as you dont put loads in at once, (one by one i guess) the mantis shouldnt have any problems. they have no problem eating more dangerous things (bees/wasps, stuff that stings), our ants here dont really have stings to speak of, well wood ants do but theyre much rarer than the lasius. ive never had to feed ants to mantids but i probably would if times were hard.
Well if i had to feed it ants, I'd do it only one at a time. Definitely wouldnt give them a chance to swarm. Even one by one, Id observe very carefully lol.

Well I went to Petsmart today and they had some vials of flightless fruit fly cultures, so I picked up one. So problem solved, I guess :)

Latest posts