L2 Tenodera sinensis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeWillimont

Reaction score
Hello I was just needing some help becuse I have just got 10 Tenodera sinensis nymphs and I want to keep a male and female or just a female. Im sure they are L2 and they are way to small to sex, Most look like they have 8 segments, But im not 100% sure. I know males have 8 and females have 6, If anyone can help me out sexing them at the size they are would help a bunch! Also they came from the same Oothecae but some are big and some are small, Is that antoher way of sexing their sizes?

cheers

George

Welcome to the forum. Please post a proper introduction in the introductions forum.

It is going to be very hard to tell a that age and I normally don't even worry about until a couple more molts have passed. You could try a magnifying glass.

Yah, like Rick said it is going to be very hard to tell at that size, trust me, I've tried. Every time I would look at the little buggers I would change my mind. They are pretty easy to keep at that age so I would just hold on to a little batch of them till they've gotten larger.

at 2nd instar it is imposible to sex them because at that stage females also has 8 segments, after 4th moult the 6th segment covers the two last segments.

Latest posts