L3 Ghost mantid food

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do you hatch the pupae?cause if it hatched after 24 hours wouldnt it hatch in the mail? xD
Fly pupae wont hatch at low temperatures and shippers like Hibiscusmile and SpiderPharm in th US use cold packs to prevent hatching in transit, but with temperatures down here (SW Arizona) exceeding !00F (~37C) they have often started eclosing by the time I get them, which is good, because I don't have to wait for a couple of days. :D They are packed in a net bag or a cup so that they can't escape.

Oops, sorry Katt. I didn't see that you had mentioned the cold packs. :p

ahha ive decided to take me and my sister fly catching tomorrow as they dont sell any fly pupae on the internet.

I dunno how im gonna do it though :eek: cause if you catch some flys and put it in a jar or whatever. when you find more and try putting them in theyll all fly out :S

gahh haha!

oh thanks :D would it not take agesss to come though cause i live in the UK?

also how big are they?
He's in England and his "About Me" page says, "I now ship all over Great Britain and Europe." So I wouldn't think very long... though you could contact him and ask. :)

Blue bottle flies are larger than house flies... you know, those big lazy ones you see on dead things? ;) :lol:

He's in England and his "About Me" page says, "I now ship all over Great Britain and Europe." So I wouldn't think very long... though you could contact him and ask. :) Blue bottle flies are larger than house flies... you know, those big lazy ones you see on dead things? ;) :lol:
hmm yeah.

wouldnt they be to big for a L3 ghost? xD

good for future reference though.

thanks alot :)

Latest posts