L3 ghost pictures :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckyl92

Reaction score
haha i realised that my webcam was 10 mega pixel so i managed to get some decent pictures.

ill be honest, i couldnt be bothered getting the female out because the crickets kept trying to jump out haha so heres the males:

ghostmantidmales.jpg

hjh.jpg

jkjkj.jpg

maleghost.jpg

untitled.jpg

cute aren't they? :)

the reddish/brown one is a male isn't it?its crown is pretty weird compared to the other male.
Can't really tell from these pics, Becky. But the males crowns do sometimes bend over like that. Not sure about the females... I've never had a female whose crown bent over like that... but I haven't had TONS of females either, lol. ;) You may just have to wait until it's older to confirm one way or another... or get much better pics. ;) :p

Can't really tell from these pics, Becky. But the males crowns do sometimes bend over like that. Not sure about the females... I've never had a female whose crown bent over like that... but I haven't had TONS of females either, lol. ;) You may just have to wait until it's older to confirm one way or another... or get much better pics. ;) :p
ill wait till they're older cause im no photographer xD thats the best i could do im afraid.

by the way, how often are you suppose to mist them?

im scared im doing it to much

ill wait till they're older cause im no photographer xD thats the best i could do im afraid.by the way, how often are you suppose to mist them?

im scared im doing it to much
Very cute! Misting them once a day is enough. What substrate do you have in yr pot? Something like paper towels or sphagnum moss will retain the moisture for about 5-6 hours.

Are they doing their "ghost dance" for you yet? :D

Very cute! Misting them once a day is enough. What substrate do you have in yr pot? Something like paper towels or sphagnum moss will retain the moisture for about 5-6 hours.Are they doing their "ghost dance" for you yet? :D
im using kitchen roll :)

ahah yes!

they never stop doing it. i find it amusing when the males have abit of a boxing match xD

and so would spraying twice a day be fine then? i want them to be nice and green :D

Nice ghosts Becky, if you have a magnifying glass or good eyes then it is possible to sex them at this age. On their abdomens, the males have 8 segments and the females have 6. Might be best to wait another molt or so though, it will be much easier then.

If you want them to be green there's a few variables which affect colour, but these are only theory; light, humidity and environment.

The one with the fat but like a cigar is a male and the one with a little flare on her butt is a girl! And while little mist once in the am and once in the pm, ghost and dead leafs and orchids like a lot of water!

The one with the fat but like a cigar is a male and the one with a little flare on her butt is a girl! And while little mist once in the am and once in the pm, ghost and dead leafs and orchids like a lot of water!
haha xD they're suppose to be males. ahwel. ill check their segments in a molt :)

Latest posts