L4/5 Idolos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpdrive

Reaction score
so I wanted to post how nice my Idolos are doing. all have now molted to L4 and all but 1 made it.

I don't take pictures as much as I would like. but I took a few and hope you enjoy.

L3

6909859055_3eefe18852_b.jpg

molting to L4 - one of my white ones.

6909860083_112e38235d_b.jpg

an L4 peach colored one.

6909859489_ce99dc7947_b.jpg

edit: I ment to name this L3/4 Idolos

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
I got them from Yen at L3. they are now all L4.

they are more or less the size of gongys or B Mendincas at the same instar.

Harry
not really. my male L6 blephs are about the size of an L3 idolo.

yeah gongys are as near as makes no difference the same size.

Congrats Harry. I think that I have litter mates to yours. I have three and they are munching on HFs as I write this. You take some nice pics.

Good luck!

thanks Rich, and good luck to you on yours.

to be honest, I'm feeding Blue Bottles since the 3rd day. HF seems to be too small, yet they still only eat half most times.

the BBs seem to make a bigger ruckus and piss them off enough to eat with temps in the low 80s. HF for me just didn't do it unless I added a ton of them.

but I bet it's Yen's fault. he most likely spoiled them to death on BB and now mine just want more.

Harry

Watch the BB's with L1's. They can knock em off their perches - especially when molting.

I used to toss my small enclosures into my GIANT Netcage, and put a light at the top to attract the flies out of the cages when the first molt was near. Barring that, I'd just open the enclosures and shoo the flies off onto the patio.

I noticed no health deficiencies when I switch to a Hydei-Only Diet for my L1's.

Latest posts