• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lacewing mantis (Tropidomantis gressitti)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have some females laying oothecae now, let me know if anyone is interested.

This is probably new species here so some info about this batch

Nymphs were wild collected in Hong Kong. The pair were mated and produced ootheca which hatched out the first generation here in US in captivity. Both male and female go through 6 molts to mature. It takes about 45-50 days from hatching to adult (with plenty of food). Hatchling can handle small fruit flies without problem until L3/L4, then you can feed them D. hydei for the next couple of molts and house flies afterwards. They need warmer and muggy condition. I keep them around 85/60%. Extra mist is suggested for the last molt or mismolt could happen. Very active mantis and resemble lacewing. Hatching rate is about 15-20 nymph per ootheca. Incubating period is only about 16-21 days. PM me if interested or need more info.

tgmate1-1.jpg

subatg7.jpg

aftg3.jpg

tgmate3.jpg

tgaf4.jpg

Thoes look awesome Yen, how big do they grow?

Yen im interested in a couple but are those the fly mantid insects?

no reptileman these not mantis flies but just neat looking mantids

can they handle the melanogaster fruit flies after they hatch?

can they handle the melanogaster fruit flies after they hatch?
They already hatched for you wow :blink: that was fast haha dang i want one!!!!!..Yen still hasnt hit me up yet so he must be waiting on the female to produce more ooths im waiting Yen :D Glad they hatched for you they must look awsome!!

LOL i wish they hatched right now but trying to figure out if the fruit flies I have would be too much for them when they will hatch and keeping my fingers crossed that they do!

They will man your lucky they look like a really cool species =]

Latest posts