Laemia, I received word, a member here.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Her real name was Misty and she loved her mantis! I received many a call from her and she was a nice woman with a bad illness. She would often purchase or receive free mantis from Yen and myself. She also had funny stories on her lobster roaches which she put up with for her mantis, even though her mother and herself did not like them. Misty's mother email me to tell me she had lost her fight with a lung disease. I will remember her with kindness, and so will others on here, she had been a member a long time, but did not write a lot of post. So sorry to hear of her death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I communicated with "Misty Dawn" on and off for several years. I knew that she was sick but not thar the sickness was terminal.

May she rest in peace.

It was Cystic Fibrosis that finally took her, she died on Sept. 29. She was in and out of the hospital many times over the years, she would take her mantis with her, she insisted on them coming and her doctor let her have them, the nurses frowned upon them, but they were her babies and she took care of them.

Latest posts