LAME's Collection Thread.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love reading your history, and I really LOVE this picture of the male carolina. It looks like he's laughing/giggling while covering his face.
Thanks! :) ive still got alot of heads to post ;)

I do love that photo too, it was taken by mantidbro. I thought the same thing when he first sent me the shot lol.

Thanks! :) ive still got alot of heads to post ;)

I do love that photo too, it was taken by mantidbro. I thought the same thing when he first sent me the shot lol.
Haha he thought the same thing, thats funny!

Good story... Sorry for your losses... but as we all have learned, it is part of this hobby... I know you have given them a wonderful life, and have treated them the best you can... as we all do. Great pics... More, more, more please

Hang in there Delta! A special surprise is on the way for you!

04.16.15: Delta's health seems to be taking a turn for the worst..

04.18.15: Delta still remains, I've ruled out sickness and now am leaning more towards old age as the cause of her current state. Climbing has become quite a challenge... Ive moved her out of her huge home and into a smaller tank.

Hang in there Delta! A special surprise is on the way for you!
She's doing alright ( it seems...) today. :)

You're too kind Sticky, its appreciated deeply. Yours is currently having a feast before her road trip :D

I'm positive you'll be happy with her.

Negative, ive updated those sections of the thread. As you already know the news... I had to update the community as well. :/
Oooooh, i thought you were intending to update on this post. Its too bad we dont get notified of edits. I was wishing for that earlier. Oh well. RIP DELTA... And congrats Fritz!

...And now, all of the newest additions to my crew!

Next up is the mentioned company the female ghost arrived with. Upon opening my half of the trade from Dmina, I quickly noticed two separate small deli containers. Inside each deli cup were two very small ant-like mantids... Despite their size I could tell these were some sort of boxer species, I then noticed the small white label that read Acromantis japonica.

01.23.15: Two Japanese boxer mantids acquired.

This little species is pretty neat, they do ALOT of hand waving. Seems like everytime I come to check on the pets, these two are the first to say hello. ^_^

04.19.15: Here's their current state.

I have no names for these two little ones, instead I've just been referring to them as: 1 & 2. One of the two is going to be rehomed to a fellow forum member. I presume they're presub/sub, unfortunately at the time the battery in my cellphone had been fried... All access to my logs were locked and had to start a write out copy, so dates from here may get sketchy.. If they appear at all.

04.23.15: "No.1" was rehomed to Zephyr, arrived alive and healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
...And now, all of the newest additions to my crew!

Next up is the mentioned company the female guest arrived with. Upon opening my half of the trade from Dmina, I quickly noticed two separate small deli containers. Inside each deli cup were two very small ant-like mantids... Despite their size I could tell these were some sort of boxer species, I then noticed the small white label that read Acromantis japonica.

01.23.15: Two Japanese boxer mantids acquired.

This little species is pretty neat, they do ALOT of hand waving. Seems like everytime I come to check on the pets, these two are the first to say hello. ^_^

04.19.15: Here's their current state.

I have no names for these two little ones, instead I've just been referring to them as: 1 & 2. One of the two is going to be rehomed to a fellow forum member. I presume they're presub/sub, unfortunately at the time the battery in my cellphone had been fried... All access to my logs were locked and had to start a write out copy, so dates from here may get sketchy.. If they appear at all.

04.23.15: "No.1" was rehomed to Zephyr, arrived alive and healthy.
Awesome!! They lookin cooooool!! so you saved No. 2? unamed still? unsexed?

I had received my next mantis as a birthday gift from my buddy Mantidbro. He ended up making a trade with our forum master (Peter Clausen.) whom in turn sent me my first Sphodromantis viridis.

11.20.14: Giant African mantis acquired.

03/02/15 - Molts to subadult.

From the day I received Fritz , I could tell this was one of the most vicious mantids I've yet to own. His attitude towards prey definitely outweighs his size.

04.18.15: Fritz molts to adulthood.

Here's Fritz after molting. :)

As you can see in the photo he had some sort of boo-boo with his antennae during/after molt.. Unsure of the reasons as I was at work at the time, but I think it gives him a unique look. :p
HE LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME

Lol the bend in the antennae is unique, I like it! I had a mantid whose antennae never grew back it was weird! They usually grow back. Anyways, awesome photo!!!

Awesome!! They lookin cooooool!! so you saved No. 2? unamed still? unsexed?
Yep, I kept No.2, they both were female. :)

HE LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME

Lol the bend in the antennae is unique, I like it! I had a mantid whose antennae never grew back it was weird! They usually grow back. Anyways, awesome photo!!!
Lol thanks buddy :)

He's become very hands on lately. Will come right up to your hand every time...

Yep, I kept No.2, they both were female. :)

Lol thanks buddy :)

He's become very hands on lately. Will come right up to your hand every time...
Oh, cool!

Youre welcome, and nice! Hands on mantids are the best!

When I seen the ad go up for this species there was no question, I HAD to get one.... Or 5 ^_^

The Polyspilota griffinii, with its mighty size of up to 5 inches it could quite possibly surpass Echo's top spot on the favorite list (not really... ;) ). I had acquired 5 nymphs originally from Kevin (MoonlightMantids) and sent forum member: CosbyArt 2 as appreciation to all the hard work he had put into making sure my fruit fly cultures made it without any incidents and the safe arrival of another group of heads....

Recently agent A needed assistance in offloading a few heads, I took on three more griffins and three of another species... Also, I sent sticky a little female griffin. ;)

Here's two current photos of my personal favorite little griffin girl!

Upon arrival of this particular mantid I noticed she was missing almost an entire antenna, yet at the time she was an incredible green and also the largest of all my griffins.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I seen the ad go up for this species there was no question, I HAD to get one.... Or 5 ^_^

The Polyspilota griffinii, with its mighty size of up to 5 inches it could quite possibly surpass Echo's top spot on the favorite list (not really... ;) ). I had acquired 5 nymphs originally from Kevin (MoonlightMantids) and sent forum member: CosbyArt 2 as appreciation to all the hard work he had put into making sure my fruit fly cultures made it without any incidents and the safe arrival of another group of heads....

Recently agent A needed assistance in offloading a few heads, I took on three more griffins and three of another species... Also, I sent sticky a little female griffin. ;)

Here's two current photos of my personal favorite little griffin girl!

Upon arrival of this particular mantid I noticed she was missing almost an entire antenna, yet at the time she was an incredible green and also the largest of all my griffins.
She is so pretty... Maybe she will go back to green! who knows? You should name her Lois xD (lois griffin.. Haha)

Latest posts