Lampropelma violaceopes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sufistic

Reaction score
Been wanting to rear these for quite some time. Some photos of this gem that's native to Singapore and Malaysia. This tarantula actually makes me proud to be Singaporean. They're still slings, I'm hoping to breed them eventually.

P1070747.jpg

P1070758.jpg

P1070763.jpg

P1070772.jpg

P1070784.jpg

P1070785.jpg

P1070806.jpg

This is what an adult female looks like (not my photo).

Nice dude. I've been wanting these for a while.

Don't they get aggressive as heck when they start to mature?

Nice dude. I've been wanting these for a while.

Don't they get aggressive as heck when they start to mature?
Thanks bro. That's what T experts here told me. They were skittish when I first got them but as soon as we treated them gently and with respect, they seem to be very docile. I do hope they stay that way forever lol. They're just adorable.

I swear that T is giving me puppy-dog eyes in that middle photo. You live in an amazing part of the world! I rescued my daughter last night from a HUUUUGE adult female ground spider (20mm) that was hanging out in her room. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear that T is giving me puppy-dog eyes in that middle photo. You live in an amazing part of the world! I rescued my daughter last night from a HUUUUGE adult female ground spider (20mm) that was hanging out in her room. ;)
Yeah Peter I feel the same way too lol. Call me nuts but I think she's adorable (hoping it's female!) What ground spider species was it? Was it dangerous? Spiders will always be my first love lol.

I must say that half the fun of keeping Ts is making their enclosure. I'm using plastic containers for now while getting some large acrylic arboreal setups done for them for long term usage. Since they're still semi-arboreal when young, this is what me and my brother did:

P1070846.jpg

P1070841.jpg

P1070849.jpg

P1070847.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They've recently molted and just look at how beautiful they are.

P1080273.jpg

P1080284.jpg

P1080281.jpg

P1080282.jpg

Latest posts