Last years Carolinas

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgod

Reaction score
I have been super busy with life stuff but I got a chance to relax before spring begins. I wanted to share some images as well as thanks to CosbyArt for sending me some s.carolina oothecae. This was one of my girls that made it to adulthood. (Crazy how small they are compared to my T.Sinensis adults) Before raising a few I released a bunch of them into my neighborhood garden as well as patio garden. I'm excited for the weather to start getting nicer so I can consider what I'll do this year. Feel free to share any images of your mantis as well as stories. Best wishes

unspecified (1).jpg

unspecified.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures. And great idea. If any hatch from the two ooths I have, the neighbors on both sides of me are gonna love having all the extras I do not raise. Local wild mantis laid them so no problem.

Nice pictures. And great idea. If any hatch from the two ooths I have, the neighbors on both sides of me are gonna love having all the extras I do not raise. Local wild mantis laid them so no problem.
Thanks! I thought so too considering I've seen wild T.Sinensis in this area (WA) but I have never seen a S.Carolina which is supposed to be native to this region. 

What region are you referring to-- Washington?  Can you detail precisely where you found the specimens pictured in your original post? 

What region are you referring to-- Washington?  Can you detail precisely where you found the specimens pictured in your original post? 
Yes. Southern Washington. I raised these girls from ootheca that CosbyArt sent me. They were not found in the wild. 

Latest posts